2004 Reunion Report
The function rooms at the Packet Steamer Travel Inn, Netherton, Liverpool was the venue for this Sixth Annual Reunion for ex-PSNC sea-going officers ie. Captains, Deck, Engine, Electrical and Radio Officers, Pursers and Chief and Second Stewards.
Friday 12th & Saturday 13th March 2004
Spouses, partners - and to be politically correct - significant others were welcome too.
We were delighted to welcome a number of new faces in addition to the regular stalwarts. Especially welcome was George Christodoulou and his wife Jean who had both travelled from San Francisco in order to attend!
Friday evening, true to form, was purely a get-together over a few pints. See below for names of those present.
On Saturday one group went to the Maritime Museum, another "across the water" to visit the Submarines and a third group went to the match whilst the ladies indulged in a spot of retail therapy. Lunchtime found the first two groups following the usual itinerary lunching in the Pump Room at the Albert Dock. That night we arranged a slide show thanks to Les Moore and Ken Flaherty.
- Barry Erskine & Anne
- Ron Berry
- Robert "Bob" Bond & Anne
- Peter Boyle (Sat only)
- George N. Christodoulou & Jean
- Ken Crowther
- Donald Davidson (Fri only)
- Jim Ellis
- Hugh Farrell & Esther
- John Flaherty
- J. Alan Gibson (Fri only)
- Lloyd Hughes & Beryl
- David Houghton (Sat only)
- Hans Imhof (Sat only)
- Stuart McWilliam (Sat only)
- Les Moore
- Roger "Dodger" Neal & Anita (Fri only)
- Dave Newton
- Keith Nuttal & Jeannie
- Andy Parker (Sat only)
- Mike Quirk & Kath
- Jack Stennet (Sat only)
- Brian Stone (Sat only)
- Gill Thackery
- Ian Tickell & Pam
- Don Wheeler & Lesley
- John Wile
- John Wright aka "Gentleman"John (Sat only)
- Ian & Elaine Barr - in Spain
- Chris Bond
- Brian Bradshaw - in Tasmania
- Neil Bristow
- James L Buckett - at sea
- Steve Crosby
- Chris Ellis - instructing gliding
- Tim Harris - Boat problems
- Alexander Harrison
- Pete Lewis - his 60th Birthday!
- Roy Lloyd
- Cliff Lowther
- George Monk - now in 87th year!
- Pam & Neil McColl - in Panama
- Alan Rigby
- Alan & Carol Rushbrook (ex Reina Hairdressers)
- Brian Russell - pressure of work
- Bill Sharp - clash of events
- George Swan - aged 73 - post-operative ill health
- John A. Swan
- Pat Tanner
- Dave Webb - distance
- Bill Lewis (3rd Engineer) of Blyth passed away suddenly in August 2003.
Sadly, I only learned of his passing from his wife after I had sent out the letters for this reunion.
- Brian Hall, ex- Electrician on the Reina del Mar died in 2003 in his early '60's.
This info came from Brian Stone
Apologies if you do not appear but poor light made several of them unsuitable
Capt. David Houghton and 2nd Eng. George Christodoulou
Dave Newton "Barry" Erskine Andy Parker
Brian Stone Ron Berry Andy Parker Stuart McWilliam
Hans Imhof John Wile
Gill Thackery Jack Stennet
Lloyd Hughes Bob Bond Beryl Hughes Mike and Kath Quirk
Salaverry Officers from mid 1960's
(Back Row) Keith Nuttal John Flaherty Hugh Farrell Barry Erskine Ian Tickell
(Front Row) George Christodoulou Don Wheeler David Houghton John Wright
(Back Row) John Wright Ken Crowther David Houghton
(Front Row) Ron Berry Brian Stone Don Wheeler Jim Ellis
View from the Merseyside Maritime Museum at Albert Dock, Liverpool.
Pacific Building is the red and white brick structure at right hand side
George with Des Newton, Ship Bottler and Demonstrator in Museum
Reina Label Ticket (both in display case)
Top of page
Barry's Site Index Page . . . Photo Index . . . PSNC index page