PSNC Officers Reunion 2009
Report of the 11th Reunion on Friday 13th & Saturday 14th March
at the Packet Steamer, Netherton, Liverpool
Page updated Monday 13th June 2009.
If there are any errors or omissions please accept my apologies and let me know what they are
We were privileged to welcome Richard Robinson who sings under the name of Richard Ridley. To listen to some of his songs click on this link to YouTube:
If you click on the lyrics tab you will see the story behind the song at the bottom of the page with references to the old PSNC days. He has more "jollier" songs which he has not yet recorded.
My sincere thanks also go to Wendy Jenkins and "Scotty" Carlisle. Wendy toiled and struggled to get her laptop to communicate with Scotty's projector and was ultimately successful allowing us to have a photo presentation from days gone bye!!
Unfortunately, we did not realise that we had a problem with our camera until we got home and found they were not up to the usual standard. I do not think anyone else had taken photos in the Packet Steamer.
Attended:- "(2)" means both evenings and " # " indicates "First Timer"
- Boyle, Peter (2)
- # Crabtree, Dennis and Deborah (2)
- Ellis, Jim D. (Sat)
- Erskine, Barry and Anne (2)
- Farrell, Hugh and Esther (Sat)
- Flaherty, John (2)
- # Fullam, Norman (Sat) - and "crew" Frank Gallagher - they sailed over from Ireland
- Hilton, Bill (2)
- Houghton, Capt. David (Sat)
- Hudson, Alan and Judith (2)
- Jenkins, John and Wendy (2)
- Lancaster, Brian "Blue" and Yvonne (2)
- # Marr, Bill (Fri)
- McWilliam, Stuart (Fri and possibly Sat)
- Moore, Les (2)
- Newton, Dave and daughter "BikerBabe" Liz (2)
- Nuttall, Jeannie (2)
- # Owen, Ken and Mrs. Pauline Tring (Sat)
- Parke, Terry (2)
- Quirk, Mike and Kath (2)
- # Richardson, John (2)
- # Robinson, Richard (2); a Folk Singer who entertained us on both evenings
- Rushbrook, Alan and Carol (2)
- Stone, Brian (2)
- Thackery, Gill (2)
- Tickell, Ian and Pam (2)
- Tomlinson, John (Sat)
- Wheeler, Lesley (2)
- # Wallace, William "Bill" and Nora
- Wile, John and Mary (2)
- # White, Dudley "Chalkie" (2)
- Whitehead, Colin (Sat)
Were unsure if they could attend and, unfortunately, did not make it.
- Gibson, J Alan
- Gowland, Capt Eric
- Guymer, Bernie and Ann
- Marsh, John
- McRae, Ian
- Neal, Roger "Dodger" and Anita
- Penny, Arthur
- Priest, Frank
Top of page
- Addison, Alan and Sheila
- Bean, Trevor - attending brother's 70th Birthday party
- Berry, Ron - cruising
- Blue, Jack
- Bond, Bob and Anne - on holiday but send best wishes
- Bridson, David H. - on holiday
- Brooks, Keith - on business - sends best wishes to everyone.
- Chittenden, Liz
- Davidson, Donald
- Dearden, Derek - away
- Downing, Arthur - cannot get away from work
- Ellis, Chris - Gliding Club AGM and he is Vice Chairman!
- Egan, Mike - travelling
- Farr, Ken and Elaine - away
- Farrer, Ron - unable to fly from Australia due to age and health but sends best wishes to Roy Leach and Stuart McWilliam
- Gregson, Philip and Chris - had to travel on business at short notice
- Gowland, Derek - didn't get organised in time!
- Harris, Tim - sends best wishes to everyone and especially to Capt David Houghton
- Hewlett, Pat - away
- Hyland, Kevin and Cynthia - long way from Chile!
- Imhof, Hans - working in Italy
- Jones, Alun "Nick" - living in Houston but sends regards to everyone there remembers him
- Jones, Stuart and Meryl - living in Sydney but hope to attend 2012 Reunion!!!
- Kelly, Jeffrey - away on business
- Leach, Roy
- Lowther, Cliff and Jenny - both recovering from chest infections; cannot attend but send best wishes
- Plewes, Michael - too far from Australia
- Spears, Brian and Valerie
- Stennett, Alison - away
- Stuchbury, Allen - too far from Australia
- Swan, John - supporting wife at lecturing commitment
- Thornton, Ernie - too far
- Valentine, Geoff - travelling
- Walmsley, Brian
- Webb, Dave - too far from Australia
- Williams, Capt John H. - away
Former PSNC Officers who have "Crossed the Bar" since our 2008 Reunion
- Monk, George - his son Colin said that sadly his Dad died, aged 91, just before Christmas 2008
- Staley, Horace - sadly, died in hospital in the USA on 28th January 2009, aged 102 years young. He was 3rd Radio Operator on the Oropesa in the mid 1920's, a radio Ham and latterly was on the Internet
- Wheeler, Don - Chief Engineer - sadly, Don died at home on 4 November 2008, aged 73, after a battle with illness. He is survived by his wife Lesley, son Ian and daughter Cathy.
PSNC index page . . . Photo Index . . . Barry's Site Index Page