PSNC Officers Reunion 2019
The 21st Reunion took place on Friday 22nd & Saturday 23rd March 2019
Report and Photographs
Original page created 27th September 2018 and now updated 3rd April 2019
Had hoped to attend
Crossed the Bar
Photographs will be added on afternoon of 3rd April 2019
The regular venue - the Beefeater Packet Steamer, Northern Perimeter Road, Netherton, Liverpool L30 7PT (TEL 0151 531 1497) was venue for the 21st Reunion. (However, it would have been the 22nd if we counted the Inaugural Meeting when four of us went on a trip up the Manchester Ship Canal in August 1997.)
All former uniformed sea-going Officers of the Pacific Steam Navigation Company (and latterly Royal Mail & Furness Withy) were welcome to attend.
(2) means both evenings
- Boyle, Peter (2) & Mary (Sat)
- Bridson, Dave (2)
- Corlett, Alan(2) - attending for the first time
- Crabtree, Dennis & Debbie (2)
- D'Arcy, Sam (Sat)
- Erskine, Barry & Anne (2)
- Hilton, William "Bill" (2)
- Flaherty, John (2)
- Greenwood, Martin (2)
- Gregson, Phil & Chris (2)
- Guymer, Bernie & Ann (2)
- Harrison, Alex (2) - attending for first time. Was an apprentice 1957/58 with the late Capt. Dave Houghton.
- Jenkins, John & Wendy (2)
- Malloy, Mike & Monica (2) - attending for first time. Mike started as a Deck Cadet in 1972.
- Moore, Don - Saturday - attending for first time. Was an Electrician on Kayeson.
- Moore, Les - (2)
- Newton, Dave (Sat)
- Nuttall, Jeannie (2)
- Parke, Terry - Friday
- Quirk, Mike (2) & Kath (Sat)
- Ratcliffe, Peter (2)
- Richardson, Mervyn (2)
- Robertson, Neil (2)
- Ross, Michael - attending for the first time. (After sea-time was Panama Manager for many years.)
- Stringfellow, Arthur (2)
- Tickell, Ian (2)
- Van Toren Adrian & Vivien (2)
- Wile, John (2)
If you attended on either evening and your name is not in the List above please accept my apologies and do let me know
They all managed to attend!
Apologies received from:-
- Lee, Mike - will be taking photos in South America to show at the 2020 Reunion!
- Webber, Graham - had intended coming along on Friday for the first time. Was a Deck Cadet on the Reina Del Mar in the 1950's. Moved to NZSCo. "Due to unforeseen circumstances I regret that I shall be unable to make the meeting on Friday. Humble apologies. I do hope to make next year’s if I am spared. It will be also be an opportunity to dig out any history items I have of my time in PSNC. At the moment all I have is a gold button from my tropical whites! During my apprenticeship I did not have a camera so I am not sure if I have any pictures at all but at least I have 12 months to search. Please give the assembled guests my best wishes and I hope you have a great evening. If you can grab any digital pictures I would love to see them.
- Wright, "Gentleman" John, - Barry chatted with him on the 'phone on Sunday 17th March. Unfortunately, John was unable to attend owing to mobility problems for distance driving. He sent his best wishes to everyone who knew and remembered him.
Former PSNC Officers and family who have "Crossed the Bar" since our 2018 Reunion
Cadwallader, Derek - his brother, Norman, sent me an email on 7th September 2018 to say "Since I spoke to you last my brother Derek passed away. If you recall he served as either second or third engineer on the George Peacock. That is my second maritime death as my youngest brother Leslie, who was also an engineer for Cunard and PSNC, was killed in Libya."
Top of page
If you took photos at the 2019 Reunion please feel free to send them to me and I will post as many as I can to this web pages. If I have made any mistakes with names please let me know! Thanks.
Clockwise from LHS John & Wendy Jenkins, Jeannie Nuttal Anne Erskine Mike Ross ("1st Timer") Barry Erskine John Wile, Merv Richardson John Flaherty Dave Newton
Phil Gregson Merv Richardson Bernie Guymer Peter Boyle Mike Quirk Ian Tickell Dave Bridson
Alex Harrison - "1st timer" (a sprightly 88 year old) Don Moore - also "1st timer" Bill Hilton A smiling Terry Parke (Guiness works wonders)
Ann Guymer Chris Gregson Dennis and Debbie Crabtree
Neil Robertson   Mike Ross   Les Moore (sorry it is a rear view!)
Dave Bridson Peter and Mary Boyle Kath Quirk Barry Erskine, Mike Quirk, Ian Tickell
Monica and Mike Malloy - "1st timers " - with John Jenkins (sorry it is a rear view John!)
Alan Corlett - "1st timer" - Bill Hilton Peter Ratcliffe
PSNC House Flag Badges . . . PSNC index page . . . Photo Index . . . Barry's Site Index Page